[P1] Folder size inflation

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 2 15:20:40 PST 2002

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 02:35  PM, Signhelpers wrote:

> I'm stumped. I connected an APS Firewire 60 GB external drive to my
> iBook with the intention of copying over all the files on the 10 GB
> internal drive.
>
> Something really strange happens - The folders balloon in size. A
> folder with less than 600 MB grows to 11 GB! I must be missing
> something. Any suggestions.

Reformat the drive using Apple's Disk Utility and select the option for
extended (hfs+). You said you thought the drive was formatted as HFS+
but the evidence argues against it. I always freshly erase and format
any drive I get or sell to insure that it is done correctly.

Don't debate the issue, just do it.

---
Did anyone notice that the Turkey pardoned by the President was one of
those mutant turkeys bred to have large breasts and therefore cannot
walk?
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com