[P1] Recommendations for USB flash drive?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 2 15:28:44 PST 2002

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 02:14  PM, Brett Forrester wrote:

> Hi, gang. I'm thinking of getting me and my iceBook one of these new
> USB flash drives so I can easily carry and transfer individual files
> from my computer at home to any of the various PCs and occasional
> iMacs at work, instead of mucking about with floppy or Zip disks and
> their drives. Would you recommend this strategy for such as I've
> suggested above? Does any make seem easier to use or more reliable
> than another? What's a reasonable size to purchase (since they still
> aren't exactly disposable, content or not)? What are your experiences
> and findings?

You can get the same results using any of the CF+ cards, smart cards,
etc. and a usb adapter or PC card adapter. And then you can use those
cards in your other devices such as cameras, pdas, and so on.

A Zio adapter is only $30 or so and then add the cost of whatever card
you want. You can get a 1 Gig IBM micro drive, a real hard drive about
the size of a matchbook, for about $250+.

---
Did anyone notice that the Turkey pardoned by the President was one of
those mutant turkeys bred to have large breasts and therefore cannot
walk?
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com