[P1] hard drive upgrade?

Michael S. Roels msrwerks at ev1.net
Mon Dec 2 19:16:51 PST 2002

I have done this in the 500mhz ibook (the first non clamshell ibook)

It was about as intense as a 2400c disassembly to change processors. It
really is not hard, just time consuming, and lots of parts and screws to
keep up with.

My ibook is out of warranty as I did not purchase applecare. It is also not
my main computer. I had little to lose if I got it all back together and it
did not boot for some unknown reason.

I installed a 40gb ibm fluid bearing drive.

I used these instructions...
http://www.yourmaui.com/ibook.html

On 12/3/02 9:03 PM, "Chris Volpe" <absinthe02 at attbi.com> pecked this out: