USB Sound input

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Dec 2 22:45:04 PST 2002

> From: Rick Banuelos <teasethedog at mac.com>
>
> I'm trying to come up with a way to record my old vinyl and my personal
> recordings on my iBook with an iMic or an Onkyo interface. The big
> question is: will these accessories run reliably (and do they have good
> software) in OS X?

If you already have an iMic, you have all you need. Connect the
turntable DIRECTLY to the iMic (probably with the help of some Radio
Shack RCA to 1/8th adapters) and download and install "Final Vinyl"
from Griffin's web site (the people who made the iMic).

For the cassette deck, I think you can use the same software. If not,
Sound Studio ($50 shareware) is an excellent choice, as is Amadeus II
($25 shareware).

That's it!

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**