Basic iBook? For WP +

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Dec 6 01:40:27 PST 2002

> From: Jake Stickelmeyer <jstickel at olypen.com>
>
> I'm new to the list and have very basic computing needs. I'd like to
> get a
> laptop system that will meet my simple needs, word processing and
> presentations (I'm a Community College educator). Don't need lots of
> graphical/video/audio sort of stuff(wouldn't know what to do with it
> anyway,
> just something to provide me with the means to keep working on a
> document or
> presentation without being tied to an office. Extremely limited
> budget. Any
> ideas?

I'd suggest either a new or used 500MHz or better white iBook. I'd
suggest you go for a model that has a CD-RW drive, believe me this will
become handy even if you think you'll never use it!

I'm seeing these going for around $800-900 these days, simply a
wonderful machine for the money.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**