[P1] Woe is me...

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Fri Dec 6 10:58:37 PST 2002

Charles Martin said on 12/6/02 2:48 AM:

>Yes, I think you're (almost) the only one. First of all, let's think
>about how few thieves would know Mac OS X well enough to know this. The
>program is NOT obvious to most people running the CD!

Most of us run our systems without needing to type the password when we
boot. And, many of us leave the machines on or in sleep mode nearly
constantly, so, not knowing the correct password is only of limited value.

I password protect all sensitive files (tests and grades sheets) on the
XP machine in my office.

Paul