[P1] good,simple ISP recommendations?

Richard J Laue rjlaue.lists at verizon.net
Sun Dec 8 12:30:43 PST 2002

>What do people use for a dial-up ISP?  Not AOL-style confusion,
>just something simple for occasional travelling.  Mainly
>Northeast USA.

Try Appleisp.com.

Costs $14.95 per month, includes POP3 and Webmail; 5 separate email
addresses; 10meg of web space; local access numbers all over the
country and an 800 access number if necessary.

They're Mac-only; (NOT affiliated with Apple, despite their name).
Extremely easy to set up; excellent help files for any email program
you want to use, including Eudora; and very Mac-savvy tech support.

Only downside is that their tech support is not 24/7 (it's roughly
8am till 10pm, or something like that).  I only had to call tech
support once -- for a client with a bizarre setup anomaly due to a
non-standard hardware configuration.  Tech support was knowledgeable,
and actually seemed to enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting my
client's bizarre and off-the-wall configuration.  And yes, we DID get
him up and running, although it took a while!

Anyway, I've used Appleisp.com for several years and recommend them highly.

Cheers -
RJLaue