[P1] AppleCare

Donald Keenan dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 9 16:05:49 PST 2002

On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 07:01 PM, Alric J. Lam wrote:

> I bought mine from my school, which has an Apple store, for an
> unbelievable price of 185 bucks.  If you have any school affiliations,
> you should check it out.
>
> Al
>
> --- You wrote:
> My iBook will be 1 year old in March, so I'm thinking about getting
> AppleCare while I still can.
>
> What are the advantages of it?  (Is it worth the $250?)  Also, is there
> a place other than Apple where I can get it significantly cheaper (such
> as how SmallDog sells it), or would getting it from Apple be the
> easiest?
>
> I've had some problems with my iBook (see next post), and am afraid that
> other crap might pop up a month after my warranty runs out (like things
> usually do with everyone).
>
> Thanks,
> Eric Schwarz
> --- end of quote ---

$185 for an iBook AppleCare? That's amazing. My university doesn't
support mac users save for lab macs. Apple itself doesn't sell it for an
education discount!
Eric, unless you've been born under a lucky star or have great skills at
repairing macs, AppleCare is great and usually pays for itself. SmallDog
does discount if you don't have a great school discount.
Donald