AppleCare

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 00:24:25 PST 2002

> From: Eric Schwarz <schwarztech at jmug.org>
>
> What are the advantages of it?  (Is it worth the $250?)

Do we actually have to spell out the advantages of it? It's another TWO
YEARS of coverage!! It extends your long-gone-now free telephone
support to the full length of the warranty. It pays for itself both in
terms of peace of mind and can easily be made up with ONE repair bill.

Yes, it's worth whatever the price is. Think of it as $12/month
insurance.

>   Also, is there
> a place other than Apple where I can get it significantly cheaper (such
> as how SmallDog sells it), or would getting it from Apple be the
> easiest?

If you're in the US, Smalldog is the best place to get it.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**