[P1] AppleCare

rebeccah at olypen.com rebeccah at olypen.com
Tue Dec 10 08:04:34 PST 2002

I read the Applecare material on Apple's website. Doesn't it say
that Applecare does not cover damage to the machine caused by
accident? So if you dropped the machine or dumped a supersize soft
drink (or, ah, an entire very large, very hot Cafe Mocha. Ahem),
would Applecare fix it?

Rebecca

>      One main reason to purchase AppleCare right away is so that
you get free phone
support after your initial 90 days phone support expires.  (If you
don't need phone
support for software issues, more power to you; but lots of people
benefit from this
support.)   Another reason is to make sure a.  you dont' forget
and  b.  Apple doesn't
raise the rate on you.
>     I look at Apple care as about a $12 a month insurance
policy.  The screen alone on a
Titanium runs well over a thousand dollars to replace.    I highly
recommend AppleCare for
any laptop computer  due to the very nature of  it getting hauled
around and exposed to
drops, bumps, and who knows what all.  (I would also recommend it
for the flat panel iMacs
  because the screens are so expensive to replace.)
>      AppleCare is cheap insurance.  Too expensive you say?  Can
you afford NOT to have it?
 I'm too much of a clutz  to own a laptop  and not have it
insured.  (yes...I publicly
admit to dumping an entire supersized softdrink into an iBook)