[P1] [OT] Best way to fly...

Donald Keenan dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Dec 11 19:19:34 PST 2002

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 07:08 PM, Richard McKay wrote:

> Am 11/12/02 22:16 schrieb "Rick Banuelos" unter <teasethedog at mac.com>:
>
>> I'd
>> like to think of my ibook as a welcome distraction to my problem, and I
>> wanted to ask everyone if there's anyone with a slightly similar
>> problem who can suggest things to do on the plane with my trusty little
>> computer that will take my mind off things for the 3 hours it will take
>> to reach the target.
>>
>> Also (and this is what makes it OT), can anyone make a suggestion on a
>> good sedative? (I don't even want to know what's going on while I'm in
>> the air, asleep or awake.)
>
> Rick,
>
> check around, you may find that one/some airlines are now offering WiFi
> laptops and online time during flights to help (at a good cost I
> imagine). I
> have heard of one airline doing this for inter EU flights as a pilot
> project
> (I think it was Brussels Air) but this may not be reality elsewhere
> yet...or
> if it would be to "apples airport" standards...due to freq. allocation
> on
> board...give the airlines a call.
>
> To the sedative, your choice but don't you think this would contribute
> to a
> feeling of no control and panic if you were not 100 percent? Drink
> plenty of
> water, wear warm loose clothing and walk around if possible, stretch...

Rick:
Do you intend to use a travel power adapter and run the iBook on the
plane's electrical supply?
I've read about these and saw one on eBay once.
Regarding your nerves, if you have a good doctor, he/she should probably
give you valium or some knock off of valium. A sleeping pill would just
be too much for a three hour flight...most of them ideally keep you in
deep sleep for 5-6 hours (insomniac here). Valium is still used for
panic like attacks, I believe. Of course, doctors often don't like to
give men pills whereas they force them on women.
Good luck