'Connect to Server'

Brian Fish b.fish at durandac.org
Thu Dec 12 06:05:12 PST 2002

Hi all,
 I'm still having problems with connecting to my dell PC.  I've tried the
suggestions offered by Patrick Fisher, but still no luck.  I called Apple
last night and was told it was a Windows issue, which I assumed anyway.
They said it was a NetBios authentication problem and that I had to change
my NetBios settings.  Is anyone here familiar with NetBios and where it can
be found in WinXP?  I am still able to connect my iBook to my Win2k network
at work, and the problem only started after I reinstalled XP on my Dell, so
it's clear that it is a Windows issue.  The ibook sees the network and PC
names, but gives me and error -5023 when I try to logon.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
 Brian