[P1] Griffin iMic

Belinda Tan chingsueng at myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 12 10:42:26 PST 2002

At 10:34 AM -0500 12/12/02, Brian Fish did say:
>Hey,
>  Has anyone used or had any experience with the Griffin iMic?  I have
>hundreds of casette tapes that are close to extinction.  Luckily my car has
>a tape deck, so I still get use out of them, but I'd love to put them on my
>computer like I've done with all of my cd's...In the hopes to one day have
>an iPod.  I didn't think this was possible for an affordable price, but then
>I started reading about this product.  It sounds like it does exactly what
>i'm looking for, but is it?  What else do I need that is not included?  Is
>there software included? Is the appropriate cable for transfering for a tape
>deck to computer included?  Is it worth the $35?  Thanks for any input.

i've been using the iMic for over a year now, and it has proved its
mettle and versatility over and over again. as long as your cassette
player has an audio output jack, you'll be able to use a 3.5mm cable
to link the iMic with the player. a free iMic control panel is
provided by Griffin, downloadable from its site, which provides
control over some functions. you will need audio software such as
Coaster (free and very good indeed) or SndSampler (not free, but very
good too) to record the music into your Mac via the USB port. only
the iMic is included with the purchase, you'll have to get everything
else, including the cable, yourself.

HTH,
belinda