iBook Slow on 10.2.2 (Continued)

Larry Blodgett lblodgett at macosx.com
Thu Dec 12 21:04:40 PST 2002

I have installed 10.2.2 from scratch on a seperate partition on my
iBook 12" 500MHz 320 MegRam.  The install and the intenet update
tooks hours and hours to perform.  The machine is crawling and top
says the cpu is like 85-95 % busy.

The hardware CD check continues to show everything passed.

When I boot into 9.2.2 everything is fine, nice and fast.

I have reset pram, I erased the partition before I reinstalled.  The
thing runs so slow in 10.2.2 it is hard to do any testing or
anything.  I guess I will pull the memory and see if the thing will
even boot.

This has me totally stumped, how could 9.2.2 run like a charm and
10.2.2 be so slow?

If you have any ideas let me know.
--
Larry Blodgett