OT: Where do I find newsgroups?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Dec 14 13:19:07 PST 2002

Jay Boshara wrote:

>> I use Entourage to read newsgroups, but the
>> only news server listed in Entourage is the Microsoft News Server.  How do I
>> find the addresses of other news servers, then how do I get Entourage to
>> list them?

Have you tried the following?

http://www.google.com

and then clicking on the groups tab? They bought the Usenet groups from the
previous owners and there is enough there to keep most happy...once you've
found your specific topic then subscribe. This will save you having a load
of lists that you do not need and help keep Entourage as slim as possible.

Or... Google.com (or your search engine), "interest" newsgroups where
interest is your personal interest...i.e. alpine skiing newsgroups...

try the same substituting newsgroup with community or mailing list...

look to see if your preferred search engine has tips to search more
efficiently, for example using quotes or + or - and other tools. Google has
the following page to narrow the search down...

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

once you do find what you're after the instructions for subscribing will
usually be included in a FAQ's page along with other netiquette for the
site/group.

HTH,

Richard