[P1] OT: Where do I find newsgroups?

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Sat Dec 14 16:08:17 PST 2002

On 12/14/02 1:31 PM, "Jay Boshara" <jboshara at mchsi.com> wrote:

> Sorry this is so off topic.  I use Entourage to read newsgroups, but the
> only news server listed in Entourage is the Microsoft News Server.  How do I
> find the addresses of other news servers, then how do I get Entourage to
> list them?

You have to add a new account (Tools:Accounts:News) similar to how you would
add additional email accounts. Check with your ISP for settings. My ISP is
Comcast Cable, and they use Giganews. So my news server address is
"news.pa.comcast.giganews.com", localized for my area in Pennsylvania,
apparently.

I also have an account id and password entered in the settings.
--
Mark O'Brien
AIM: rmarkob