[P1] OS and Blueberry ibook

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 15 15:46:09 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/15/2002 6:07:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, harry at corsazzi.com writes:

> Well, they're really the same (in terms of the effect). The Ti does have
> a larger screen, but also a higher resolution (pixels per inch), so more
> shows on the screen. The iBook is limited to the 800 x 600 resolution,
> which makes things bigger (good for these old eyes, but limits how much
> fits on the screen).
>
> I've tried the higher resolution on my old iMac (15"
> screen) but things
> are too small for me to read easily.

Okay...now I see what bothers you about the smaller screen/lower resolution.  You know how when you work on a document, you are often seeing the entire page in the window?  My eyes are so bad  that rather than looking at one entire page, I am often only looking at a quarter page.  It is easier to me to create  and proof read  in the close up(zoom in)     then step back (zoom out)  just to make sure the entire page looks good.   I've been doing this for years so it seems normal for me.  I probably have my face a lot closer to the screen than most people, too.
     I feel blessed to be able to have these computers.  I never thought I would own anything as fancy as a Titanium.  And I really glad that I didn't have to sell the iBook to afford the Ti  because I would really miss that 'lil blue computer.
           Thanks for asking about my computers!
                   Paula