[P1] Apple switcher ads, truth in advertising

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 16:05:28 PST 2002

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 02:54  PM, patrick fisher wrote:

> I think the ads are bringing people out of the closet, so to speak.
> People see the
> ads and realize that they CAN switch to a cool computer and CAN
> survive and that
> OTHERS have done the same. And they can do it without being ashamed.
>
> The ads are having their affect on people.

I've always loved Apple ads. I think they are high class mind
manipulation that leaves people aroused. After 16 years of consulting,
I find myself laughing at some of the switcher ads knowing how many
bumbed out people are going to be frustrated that they can't pick up
their camera, plug one end of the cable into it and the other end of
the cable into the Mac and download their photos. This won't happen to
everyone but there will be a lot of people who have problems doing so.
Sadly, for me, I no longer have much interest in being a consultant and
trying to resolve all of the little pesky problems that pop up since OS
X is going to be a gold mine for consultants. Maybe I am being drawn
more to using my computer personally rather than as a consultant. OS X
is so darn nice...  I am only running X and all of my apps are native.

---
My Presidential Campaign Begins: My first proposal is that a personal
computer remains just that, personal, and that no company or person has
any right to place, without informed permission, any software on that
which would infringe on its security or privacy.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com
iCal:  coming soon