[P1] truth in advertising [OT]

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Wed Dec 18 12:18:51 PST 2002

----- On 12/18/02 11:08 AM MDT (-0600), patrick fisher
<patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net> wrote, in part:

>Good point. I guess they go for the broadest appeal to drum up talk.
>
>The liberals were threatened with being denounced as anti-American if they
>opposed
>the attack on Iraq, so they are cowering in hiding, formulating some kind
>of new
>stump (or old stump-new talk) from which to take a stand on...something.

OK, I just couldn't resist here . . .

This is the kind of ridiculously over-generalized statement that makes it
hard for me to listen to people like Rush for more than a minute at a
time (I have very rarely done so without hearing either something I
_know_ to be untrue, or hearing something that I know to be an invalid
generalization). To put it plainly, the man lies or distorts things very
frequently. I find that quite distasteful. I am pretty sure that he isn't
stupid or uninformed, so I have concluded that he's intentionally
misrepresenting things.

Liberals are no more of a homogeneous group than most others, and there's
a very good chance that any broad-stroke generalization made about that
group is pure garbage. That doesn't stop Rush from doing so over and over
again.

Personally, I am amazed that people like him have a loyal audience at
all. It is a sad commentary on the American public as far as I'm
concerned.

To bring this back close to on-topic -- I agree that it would be a
mistake for Apple to advertise on that or other political shows.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562