[P1] Oh Bother!

Mark Chapman mchapman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 18 10:44:29 PST 2002

>  > In a rather unfortunate act of stupidity I tripped over the Ethernet
>>  cable going into my iBook (icebook) and ripped it out of the iBook
>>  breaking the little piece of plastic that makes the cable click into
>>  place.
>>
>>  Ethernet still appears to work. Will this unfortunate act of
>>  stupidity cause me grief? Do I need to do anything about it?
>>
>>  How easy would it be to fix?
>
>First off, 25 Cool Points for the Pooh reference. :)

Yes, it is an expression of frustration appropriate in almost any
circumstance :)

>If the Ethernet connection is working, don't worry about it. That
>little plastic part is just insurance to hold the cable in place more
>firmly. You can always replace the cable if it bothers you.

Ah if only I had been so luck. It actually busted the plastic on the iBook.

Thanks for all the responses. The consensus seems to be that, if it
works, don't worry about it.
--
Mark Chapman - Centre for the Study of Religion - University of Toronto