nightly scans

patrick fisher patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net
Wed Dec 18 15:05:26 PST 2002

Does OS X scan machines that are asleep at night? Does it "wake" the machine up? Do
we have to have our iBook lids open for the nightly cleanups to occur?

And does someone have information on what exactly happens during the scans?

I just used MacJanitor to do this because I've been putting my machine to sleep with
the lid down.

I keep the iBook hidden under a sofa at home. I live in a nice, "safe" neighborhood,
but breakins can occur anywhere and I don't like to leave out expensive and easy to
"lift" stuff.

Patrick