[P1] truth in advertising

Eric B. Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Thu Dec 19 07:11:47 PST 2002

At 11:33 PM -0500 12/18/02, Jack Rodgers wrote:
>On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 11:00  PM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:
>
>>There have been several over the years that have all fallen flat on
>>their face.
>
>Bill Moyer got bounced for pointing out that Bush mispoke when he
>called the hijackers cowards.

That would be a good example. Bill Maher was canned for that but in
reality it was just an excuse to end his failing misery early. I
don't think he should have been canned on that though, he has a right
to say what he wants. But if he was wildly popular, he wouldn't have
been canned for that. Bill Moyers, for instance, won't be canned, he
is way too popular and makes money from the audience of public tv and
npr, even though some of his statements are nearly as inane and
obnoxious.

Committing suicide is nearly always the cowards out, and it was in
this case as well. They didn't ever face up to their choices, nor to
real opposition to their values. So it would depend on how you define
coward, but men who hide their beliefs, then kill thousands of
unarmed civilians in a supposed war, and kill themselves in the
process, so that they never face up to their crimes, pretty much
defines the word for me.

>Two years ago, tens of thousands were prevented from voting or had
>their votes lost.

Yes, they were called American armed services personnel overseas. But
you want every vote to count don't you?

>What was done to the so called Indians was genocidal.

Agreed.