[P1] OT: Your worst Macs..!

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Thu Dec 19 16:52:01 PST 2002

Best Mac: Back when I had a $2500 original Mac 128 K in one of those nylon
totable bags in Germany I tried to back over it with a Honda Civic. It
caught on the spare tire and paving stones in my Hoff rotated up and then
jacked the rear wheels off the ground. I pulled gently forward, and without
breathing looked inside to find an unscathed Mac that continued to work
perfectly for many years. BTW - There was a program from Lotus back then
called Jazz, that integrated Word Processing, Data Base and Spreadsheet
better and more simply than any program since.

Worst: 20th Anniversary Mac, when it worked was it ever cool, integrated FM,
TV and wonderful sound and LCD display. Unfortunately it seemed like the
subwoofer (which also housed the computer's power supply) was always in for
some sort of repair. The good news is that I bought it new for $2,000 when
Jobs decided to empty the warehouse after taking over again, and sold it for
$2,000 two and a half years later.

Dan