[P1] truth in advertising...still OT

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Fri Dec 20 05:24:50 PST 2002

on the fateful day of 12/19/02 5:25 PM, in a dazzling display of literary
acumen, Charles Martin at chasm at mac.com altered the course of history by
digitally penning the words:

> Now he supports affirmative action after
> voting against it every chance he's had?

I vote against affirmative action precisely because I'm *not* racist. I
don't believe in special benefits for *any* section of society. Affirmative
action promotes segregation/discrimination. What did MLK preach against?
Treating people differently because of the color of their skin, religious
beliefs, gender, etc. What does affirmative action do? Exactly that.

Imagine this scenario: "Yes, you're more qualified for the job, but we don't
have any redheads working here, so we have to hire this unqualified guy
instead."

--
 |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale