[P1] truth in advertising...still OT

Gary D. Adams gdadams1 at cox.net
Fri Dec 20 20:52:06 PST 2002

Jack:

	That's intersting. I know they burn the fields in Cuba, too, but the
cane there is cut about six inches above the ground and only replanted
when it gets too old. I had a great-uncle years ago in Ocala who grew
cane and had a mill, but I think the weather has changed sufficiently
(and the economics) too preclude growing it anywhere north of
Okeechobee. I've never spent much time south of Orlando. I went to
Hollywood once with my dad when I was a kid and spent a couple of days
in Palm Beach with a friend. The sugar lobby is probably one of the
most-powerful in Florida.

Gary