[P1] VCDs and Toast

Dale Critchley dale at infinityltd.org
Sat Dec 21 10:30:50 PST 2002

on the fateful day of 12/20/02 10:52 AM, in a dazzling display of literary
acumen, patrick fisher at patrick.m.fisher at wamu.net altered the course of
history by digitally penning the words:

> Anyone had luck on making VCDs with Toast that work on the iBook (or any other
> Mac)?
> I made a VCD last night, worked great in my Apex DVD player. I used MacVCD X
> to try
> to play the VCD, but got endless grinding and gave up.
>
> Video support is spotty on Macs (see Macintouch), however I thought if you
> created a
> VCD on a Mac, that MacVCD would more than likely play it.

I've had problems w/ Toast 5 making anything good. Toast 4's the only thing
reliable for me. VCD's work on my DVD player, and I haven't tested them on
my Mac, but that's my experience.

--
 |   Bought with a Price,
-+-  Dale