[P1] multimedia projector and clamshell iBook

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 23 15:46:29 PST 2002

On Monday, December 23, 2002, at 05:02  PM, ssg313 wrote:

> If they made today's ibooks look like yesterday's clamshells, I would
> be the first in line to buy a new one.

Lot of people feel that way until they buy an icebook, then they soon
forget...

Regarding your projector problem, these projectors use an lcd screen
with a bright backlight and a lens. (Note: there may be a new model
that does things differently.) Thus the lcd screen works much like a
35mm slide or even movie film.

So, you need a cable that provides a connection similar to a monitor.
I don't believe the earlier iBooks had this feature nor do I know when
the feature first appeared.

I remember when I connected my Pismo to its first projector. I took
possession of the cord (I unplugged it from the Mac it was connected to
and plugged it into my Pismo during a break). My screen went black and
I thought I had zapped it. I hit this key and that key until someone
tapped on my shoulder and pointed to the large projection screen and
there was my desktop. In a typical Mac fashion I really didn't have to
do anything to make it work.

---
The US Army is destroying 31,500 tons of nerve agents and highly toxic
blister agents at a projected cost of $24 Billion Dollars. Someone
suggested they could make money selling it on eBay under the Weapons of
Mass Destruction category.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com