multimedia projector and clamshell iBook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Dec 23 17:50:18 PST 2002

> From: "ssg313" <ssg313 at msn.com>
> Subject: [P1] multimedia projector and clamshell iBook
>
> Hi all. I have a question which to me seems kind of dumb, but I can't
> figure
> it out. I have a Rev. B clamshell iBook. Absolutely love it. This is
> coming
> from a person who was decidedly PC until getting one. I would like to
> connect a projector to it. However, the only connectors I see are the
> USB
> port, ethernet, and phone line. How do I connect it? Is there an
> adapter?

First off, welcome! If you've posted here before and I missed it, sorry.

To answer your question as concisely as possible: that particular style
of iBook does not, has you've noticed, have a monitor plug. Ergo, you
cannot plug it into a projector. Later models (the "Icebook" as we call
them) can do this easily, but the clamshell cannot. Sorry.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**