[P1] multimedia projector and clamshell iBook

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Mon Dec 23 20:07:35 PST 2002

Jack wrote

> (to reiterate, despite what
> others have told you on this list, there is NO WAY repeat NO WAY to
> output video from a clamshell iBook).

Jack - am curious why you are so adamant about something you haven't a clue
about. As was said so well earlier by TJ, but I guess in your haste to wow
us you failed to read it.

>I have a Blueberry Rev. B clamshell iBook.  Unfortunately our Rev. B's
>have no video out whatsoever.  The Rev. C iBooks (firewire) were the
>first iBooks to offer any sort of external video.   They had the
>modified Head Phone Jack, that with the proper adaptor, gave you AV
>Jacks that would plug into a TV, projector etc.

He (or maybe a she?) is right - you're wrong.

>From apple's knowledge base.

> You can use the composite video out port of an iBook (FireWire) computer to
> view video on an external television or monitor. This article explains how to
> select a composite video resolution that is compatible with your TV or
> monitor.
>
> 70% Last Modified April 12, 2001Doc Number 88041

As a daily reader and sometimes bit player on this list, my frustration at
your inaccuracies, politically tainted comments, off topic rants and pompous
signatures have worn out my considerable patience. Jack you can add my name
to the long list that have chosen to filter you out or left our group.

Regretfully,
Dan