Making QT movies sharper

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 13:27:21 PST 2002

One of the most disappointing times in my life has been seeing my
movies as blurred yucky things. "Can my camera really be that bad?"

Well, the answer is that Quicktime has several settings that default to
the worst conditions imaginable so that the movie will run under all
conditions.

I found HiQual, a free droppable from
<http://www.synthetic-ap.com/products/hiq/index.html> which solves the
problem and left me gasping in delight.

My videos in Quicktime that I had just made and though of as blurry,
suddenly became sharp. The difference in the high quality setting and
the lower quality setting is truly amazing. Save a video using the dvd
option and then drag that onto the icon of HiQual. Option Drop toggles
to the lower setting.

---
How about a switcher ad for adding software, installing a printer or
any other action which requires a password...that you don't remember...
  :)
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com