Dead ibook

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Sat Dec 28 02:10:03 PST 2002

Happened to my wife's two months after she got it. I read the wrong
power manager re-set info and wasn't sure what to do. So, I took the
battery out, disconnected the adapter and let it sit without any
power for a few hours then plugged in the adapter with the battery
still out. It booted and when I put the battery back it was very low
but it took and held the charge and all was well. It happened a
second time but this time I found out how to re-set the power manager
on this model and again it responded well. Not sure what caused the
two situations but both times the bottom of the ibook was warm so I
think the kids did something other than shut down when they finished.
Stephen

--
-
"A man cannot step into the same river twice; for neither is it the