Odd Mail Behavior

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Mon Dec 30 13:54:16 PST 2002

Mail in OSX is acting wierd on my machine.

Whenever I launch Mail it, of course, tries to POP mail from my ISP. I
don't have the keychain access set to automatic, so it asks permission to
access the keychain. I give it permission for this time only... a second
later it asks a second time exactly the same thing and I give it
permission for this time only again. Then it gets the mail.

This behavior started sometime after Jaguar was loaded, I believe after
one of the updates to it. I thought it was a minor bug (and it still
appears to cause no damage or other problem) and that it would be fixed
in the next update. Well, the next update has come and gone and no joy.
The behavior persists.

I've used the Keychain Repair utility from Apple and it found nothing
wrong and the behavior persisted after using the utility.

Other ideas?

Paul