[P1] Picture Post Card

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 30 18:28:18 PST 2002

On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 08:23  PM, Gecina at aol.com wrote:

>  I won't go
> for their "Vision" as that is about $10 more.  Their phones have the
> ability
> to connect to the laptop as a modem.

The Vision service (3G) offers 50K connections vs 9K with the old PCS.
Soon the 3G will be 1 Meg which puts our cellular connections about
equal to Airport and close to DSL. And they are talking about faster.

The big problem with the 3G stuff is that everyone wants to charge for
the megabyte downloaded which makes surfing expensive. I think Sprint
offers an unlimited 3G for $100 a month which would be a real bargain
for someone who needs it.

It's like AOL when it first started. Many of us ran up bills of $100
without thinking about it, at least a few times. Then we slowed down
our usage and now I have unlimited access with Earthlink for $22 a
month. If Spaminator wasn't so good, I might go with a cheaper service.

Now, if I could only use the AirCard in my PC Card slot, I'd jump in
and never look back.

Hopefully the prices will drop after all the easily motivated buy into
sending pictures of dinner to each other...

---
Just saw 5 people sitting at a table and each talking to someone else
on their self-phones.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com