[P1] Picture Post Card

Gecina at aol.com Gecina at aol.com
Mon Dec 30 19:04:17 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/30/02 9:51:22 PM, megsaint at earthlink.net writes:

>Keep in mind that, unless you get the special higher speed access (Verizon
>Wireless calls it "Express Network") at a higher price, connection speeds
>will be very, very sloooow. 14.4 is about the absolute best you can expect;
>be prepared for 9600.
>
>Meg

Meg and Jack
Fools rush in . . .  I was too optimistic.  Good thing you presented a
reality check.    Thanks.  I've revised my plans!  I'm sticking to the $30
limit.  There's a Sanyo phone for $50 which directly downloads email on its
screen w/o a laptop and one need not subscribe to Vision.  I'll ask about the
details of that tomorrow.  It may be slow.  But then there's always the
library.  Last year I got my mail at the Boston Public Library while visiting
there.  An hour with their PCs was indeed educational!   m jo