FW: Os X Syquest & Orb

lvt at mac.com lvt at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 22:26:45 PST 2002

Well, I have finally gotten around to putting jaguar on the home G4,  my
only mac with a scsi card (adaptec 9???).  I was planning to contact various
resources to pawn off (or sell?) my very old removable drives, I expected
only the 250 zip to continue to operate.   It took a bit of work to get the
230 syquest and orb to work in os 9 even ­ 8.6 was the hey day for both.

Much to my amazement, the syquest was recognized immediately ­ saw it via
system profiler and whosh, there were files on the first cartridge I put in.
The orb wasn¹t recognized when I initially put a cartridge in, but was after
a restart.  Not that I really expect to use the syquest much ­ 230 is just
twice what I get on my lexar flash usb drive and the lexar is obviously much
handier to carry and less prone to damage in being dropped.  The orb is a
bit more valuable as it holds 2.2 gigs, equal to about 3 cds and readily
rewritable.

Yes, I do like jaguar ... Even though I have had a few kernel panics in
setting up the G4, I am now running disk warrior (from my 9.2.2 iPod) and
will do permissions next.  Now if I can only find that Photoshop 7 install
cd ..........  I just may have to be satisfied with Elements!

Linda
SE Michigan