[P1] Entourage integration into PC environment

Ron Schemen usenet at schemen.net
Sat Nov 23 04:59:05 PST 2002

On vrijdag, november 22, 2002, at 04:56 PM, Zoki wrote:
> Are there people on this list who could share there experience with
> me? Does Entourage blend well into the company of PC's using Outlook
> 98 for mail, sharing Exchange folders, making appointments through
> Outlooks/Exchanges calendering features...?

I used Entourage for a while on an Exchange 2000 server. It works, but
not as good as the Outlook client.
Depending on de Exchange server imap or pop3 might or might not be
enabled. If memory serves me well, Exchange 5.5 does not enable it by
default, exchange 2000 does. You can use imap en smtp for receiving and
sending your mail. Your appointments on the exchange server are stored
in a folder calendars which is accessible only via imap. The
appointments are stored in an unusable way, but when you drag & drop
those entries onto your calendar in Entourage they will appear there.
You can invite people in your calendar and they will get an invitaton
just as if you used the Outlook client.

Public folders are not accessible from within Entourage. Another option
is the Outlook Web Access (OWA) which is enabled by default on Exchange
2000. Just use your favourite webbrowser to be able to access all your
info on the exchange server using http://exchangeservername/exchange.
Just use your NT username/password/domain to log in.

Hope this info helps,

Ron

----

|------|