[P1] Battery life for 1yr old iBook

Tubadude jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 23 13:40:39 PST 2002

Brett,
I will be reading this thread with great interest. Our school bought 60
iBooks (700mhz) in May this year. Almost half of them have developed some of
the battery problems that I see posted here. By the way, they all have
Airport cards that are enabled all of the time, and all run OSX exclusively.
We do have AppleCare, but a "genius" told me that AppleCare won't even
consider replacing a battery unless we are getting less than an hour on a
full charge. So much for Apple's claim that it would get "up to 6 hours".
Cheers,
John