Looking forward to buying an ibook

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 06:14:09 PST 2002

> From: rebeccah at olypen.com
> I'm planning on (drooling over) buying one of the new 800 MHz
> ibooks. I'm waiting until January when, I understand, there will be
> a small upgrade to the OS.

Don't bother to wait then. Small upgrades to the OS are free.

> How can I move files from my old Performa to the new ibook?

If your Performa has an Ethernet connector, just use that. Connect an
ethernet cord between the two machines, turn on filesharing, use the Go
menu in your new iBook to connect to the Performa and mount the
Performa's HD on your iBook screen, then just copy away.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**