[P1] Battery life for 1yr old iBook

Milton van der Veen miltonv at mac.com
Mon Nov 25 15:33:00 PST 2002

Hi Brett,

Just one more comment. I bought my iBook in July of 2001 as well. The
battery was starting to lose its effectiveness before the end of the
first year. In addition, the charger plug wasn't working properly and I
had to jiggle it to get it to charge the battery. I sent my iBook in
for repair. (And bought AppleCare just in case.) When I got the iBook
back, the battery was in even worse shape and eventually it got around
an hour or so. I talked to my local Apple dealer who said he'd look
after it and he did. Today I picked up a new battery and gave him my
old one. No cost.

It's nice to see a number greater than (1:00) at the top of the screen
as I'm typing this and running on the battery -- (3:29) actually. I
always run Airport on my iBook by the way.

Milton

p.s. It's interesting to see your message under this subject heading. I
was about to delete it like the most recent ones in this thread.