[P1] Dead Pixel

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Mon Nov 25 18:41:25 PST 2002

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 01:30  PM, Peter Nacken wrote:

> There have been people suggesting "gentle massaging" of the area ...
> But if
> that really works, I fear it only works of pixels that had been alive
> and
> died while you were working ... So it is more a "revive" exercise ...
> A dead
> pixel DOA .. I fear there is not much you can do ...

Hmmm.   Well, let's examine that scenario.   You try to massage the
pixel back to life, nothing happens.    Which is okay, I guess.   Or it
works, which is good.   Or it damages four more pixels right next to
the first, and Apple accepts it as a return.   Which is good.

There used to be a hack that would disable five pixels on a defective
display, so Apple would accept it back.   Wonder if anyone's updated
that lately?

Jkirk

(Apple Stockholder)

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.