jaguar on a rev A clamshell

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue Nov 26 12:47:20 PST 2002

> From: fielder-bianco <sealea39 at cox.net>
> Can anyone here comment on the feasibility of running Jaguar on the
> original
> rev A blueberry clamshell 300mhz with the maximum ram of 288mb???? I
> currently have 10.1.5 and 9.2.2 running acceptably and would like to
> upgrade
> to Jaguar but don't want to spend that much money on something that
> will not
> be worth it. I have only recently subscribed to the list and my
> reading of
> it so far has not found postings addressing this model.

If you're already running 10.1.5 and finding it acceptable, then you're
going to be absolutely delighted with Jaguar. It's considerably
snappier/faster, boasts boatloads of new features and returns many of
the best-loved "little touches" from OS 9 back into OS X -- and
improves upon many of them. Classic will run better and be more
compatible with hardware than ever before, more
printers/scanners/cameras will work with it, and you have loads of new
and improved apps to choose from.

Be sure to run DiskWarrior and PlusOptimizer on your drive prior to and
after installing 10.2 for best results, and of course have a backup
handy just in case.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**