[P1] Battery life for 1yr old iBook

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 18:51:54 PST 2002

On 11/26/02 1:28 AM, "Tubadude" <jmcclernan2 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hello Brett and other posters to this thread. I thought I'd share with you
> my newest battery experiences on my 700 iceBook. After a full night's
> charge, I unplug the charger, then watch the amount of charge slowly
> decrease until it gets to about 80%, then it dips suddenly to 0% and goes to
> sleep with no warning. It won't wake unless I plug it into the charger again
> and it takes about 2:15 to 2:40 to fully recharge. It slowly recharges until
> it reaches about 20%, then zooms suddenly up to 100%. This is reproducible
> many times. Any of this behavior sound familiar to anyone else?
> Cheers,
> John
> Happy T-Giving!

Sounds not unlike the problem I had on my 700MHz earlier this year. 100% to
80% then, boom, asleep with no warning. After doing every test and reset I
could think of (PRAM, Power Manger, etc), I took it to my friendly
neighborhood Apple dealer. They determined that the battery was bad and
replaced it under warranty. No problem since.

Meg