iBook keyboard problem...

Bill Lockhart blockhart1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 27 15:26:00 PST 2002

My brother has an original Blueberry iBook. 128 meg RAM/3.2 HD etc...
He bought it used off of eBay, everything worked, no problems...

about 6 months ago some of the keys quit responding.
he did all the usual things like making sure they weren't gummed up.
he made sure there was no dust or crumbs under the problem keys.
never could get them to work.

So, i gave him an extra keyboard I had and the same thing has happened.
everything worked for a few months and now he is having the same
problems again.
The B, U, and few other keys don't work at all.
He says when he raises the keyboard to an upright position (while still
connected) that the keys start working again.

I'm thinking the cable is getting pinched or crimped somehow.

I have not seen the unit myself so I'm just going by what he tells me
about it.
I'll be seeing him tomorrow (Mmmm! mashed potatoes and gravy!)
so maybe once I look at it I'll have a better idea of what the problem
is.

anything I should look for?

thanks

Bill