[P1] Appleworks on iBook

Small Moose Ltd small_moose_ltd at mac.com
Sat Nov 30 10:39:35 PST 2002

On 29/11/02 3:36 pm, "David Crump" <davecrump at mac.com> wrote:

> I am running Appleworks 6.2.2 on a graphite Clamshell iBook SE 466MHz OS
> X.1.5 320MB RAM.  I print using a USB Epson 777i inkjet printer.  I have
> found that if I add graphics to my Appleworks documents, sometimes they
> will not print, as if it is because the file size is too large.  If I
> remove the pictures, or reduce the size of them, the document will print
> fine.  Is there a limit on the file size of Appleworks documents or
> graphics in the documents?  Thanks for the help.

Hi David,

I think this applies no matter what application you are using. I seem to
remember doing the same thing with Microsoft Word once, using large .jpeg
images, and it took an age to print out. I don't know how big the buffer
size is in consumer model ink jet printers. There should be something
adjustable in all this I feel.

I'm aware of two things when it comes to printing:

- Printer buffer
- Printer spooler

I'm not sure if they're one and the same thing. I was wondering if its
possible to increase the size of them. I'm using Mac OS9.0.4 and my printer
spooler is apparently 72k in size.