Reader Review

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 16:00:22 PST 2003

I purchased a SanDisk Imagemate 6in1 reader. The msrp is about $40. So
far I have used it to read an IBM Microdrive and the SD card that my
GL2 uses. Both work excellently, albeit the USB is a tad slower than
the PC Card for the Microdrive.

I did not have to install any drivers since I am using Jaguar. Just rip
open the package, try to rip open the package, hunt for the scissors.
Then plug it in and go.  Image Capture opened up immediately when I
inserted the SD card.

If you are looking for a reader, this is a good option since it handles
all of today's cards. I also have a Zio and the PC Card adapter for the
Microdrive. When traveling, they will go in my briefcase to save space,
well mostly to eliminate the cord since I find it more convenient to
plug in the PC Card adapter or the Zio in a restaurant. You'd be amazed
how interested nearby patrons are when the pictures start appearing on
the lcd...

---

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com