[P1] Wonky CD-ROM

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu Apr 3 14:07:10 PST 2003

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 01:59  PM, Brian Fish wrote:

>>> Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 12:58 PM by David

>>> Yep - the drive do isn't catching so when you think it is closed it
>>> really isn't.
>>> I have one on my desk right now getting ready to get back to Apple
>>> for
>>> the same problem.
>
> Really, it seems closed?  I push the door closed, it spins for a
> second and
> then spits open as if I've hit the eject key.  As I said, after about
> seven
> times, it stays closed and spinning and works fine.  Guess I should
> call
> Apple.

That's exactly what the one I sent back today did. At first I thought
the problem was bad disks but the disks it spit out were accepted by
other iBooks. That's when I called AppleCare. Must be a known problem
or at least not terribly uncommon because when I described the problem
and mentioned that I tried the disks in other iBooks and they were
accepted without problem, she immediately started taking the info
required to send it back.

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David