Strange iBook Problem

Joe jabeleda at nbn.net
Mon Apr 7 13:36:43 PDT 2003

Hello!

I have an 12" iBook 600 mhz running 10.2.2. When I move the screen to
different positions it SOMETIMES dims to the lowest brightness setting
which is pitch black. I know it isn't asleep because I hear the hard
drive spinning. The only way I can brighten the screen is to close the
lid entirely, put it to sleep, open it up, hit a key and it's back to
the original brightness setting =O...What's weird about this is I can
only duplicate (so far) the problem when the AC adaptor is plugged in!
I have Applecare but this problem occurs (right now) less than 50% of
the time. If I send it in they might not be able to duplicate it. I
mean, it's not so much a big deal (yet), but since the iBook has been
reliable as a Swiss Army Knife for a year, one tends to notice these
things.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Joe