[P1] 10.2.5 and Permission Fixer

Kim Gammelg å rd kim.gammelgaard at get2net.dk
Sun Apr 13 14:18:18 PDT 2003

On 12/04/03 0:50, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Can you do this right from the hard drive? I thought you had to reboot from
> the original CD, and run Disk Utility off that.
>
> Brian
>
> On 4/11/03 4:51 PM, "Jack Rodgers" <jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> HD:Applications:Utilities:Disk Utility
>>
>> Click on the name of your hard drive and then on the second tab  and
>> then on the button Repair Permissions...

Yes, as setting permissions is done on the fly on any Unix-system. In fact,
I believe - somebody please correct me if I am wrong - that it is better to
run the Permissions repair job from the harddrive, as that one will have the
latest settings, provided with the current OS update. These are not
necessarily the same as those on the CD.

Cheers,

Kim