can't backup netinfo db

Warren Pollans warren at meyer-pollans.net
Mon Apr 14 08:18:39 PDT 2003

Hello,

I've just upgraded my ibook (600MHz) from 10.1.5 to 10.2.5 and am unable to backup the netinfo db.  Trying to do the backup from netinfo produces an error that it can't create/write the backup.  Netinfo hangs when I try to restart it.

What have I not done?  I just installed the 10.2.5 upgrade and run repair permissions from disk utility.

I seem to have lost my netinfo settings for printers and machines.  I did the "archive and install" option, with the preserve users and network settings option, so I have a copy of my old system files - including the 10.1.5 netinfo db.  I was trying to backup the current netinfo db before attempting to restore from the 10.1.5 copy.

Any help/redirection would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren