Airport and iBook

Kenny Feder harpofeder at attbi.com
Tue Apr 15 17:19:39 PDT 2003

After working perfectly for more than a year, my iBook (14" icebook) has
suddenly developed extreme range problems with my Airport base station. If I
bring it a within a few feet of the Airport (Snow), I get a nice strong
signal and can connect, no problem, but if I take it to where it has always
worked before (up a flight of stairs) with a signal on the menu bar
registering at between half and even full strength, now I get no signal at
all and I can't connect (though if I play with it I might get a full
strength signal for a second or two and then nothing). My old clamshell
continues to gets a strong signal at precisely the same place where the ice
book used to. I tried swapping the airport cards in the two machines; no
dice. The ice book still cannot get any signal from the base station. So, am
I right in assuming it can't be the base station or the card? There must be
an antenna in the thing, right? Could that be the problem? What are my
options?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Ken